My name is Janet Cranford, and I’m a Career Change and Life Transition Coach who helps people in midlife rediscover their dreams and create meaningful work that fits who they are now.
Maybe you have a dream or a vision about what you want to do. Or you wish to somehow make a difference in your corner of the world. Maybe you don’t even know what your passion is. The very idea of starting over in midlife can seem frightening and more than a bit overwhelming.
I spent many years in a career that I “fell into”. I was good at what I did, but it wasn’t the right fit. The problem was, I didn’t know what I really wanted to do – I felt stuck and not sure where to go next. The steps I finally took to change my career are the same steps that I share with you in my Authentic Career Change™ program. And I love what I’m doing now!
What led me to become a career coach? As a social worker, I worked with people who were at the end of their lives. Too many of them expressed regrets about not pursuing their dreams, about not making a difference. I started Career Change Pathways in 2006 to help people avoid that regret. The information and services I provide are designed to help you navigate through the sometimes frightening steps of changing to a more authentic career.
My experience prior to becoming a career coach includes over 20 years combined experience in counseling and nonprofit management. My unique blend of experience reflects my passion for making a difference on both the individual and organizational levels.
Below you’ll see a list of my experience and training. If you mix all of it together, you’ll find some common themes:
- a good listener
- organized and thorough
- first-hand experience with career change and transitions
- empathetic and intuitive
- able to see the big picture and connect the dots
- passionate about seeing people and organizations fulfill their potential
- interested in making the world a better place
- Certified Career Coach and Founder of Career Change Pathways
- Member of International Coach Federation
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Chief Financial Officer and CPA with several nonprofit organizations
Education and Certifications
- Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC) – Career Coach Academy (program accredited by the International Coach Federation)
- Graduate of Foundational Coach Training – Institute for Life Coach Training (ICF-accredited program)
- Certified Retirement Coach – Retirement Options (ICF-accredited program)
- Master’s degree in Social Work – Florida International University
- Coursework in Business and Accounting (for CPA exam) – University of Texas at San Antonio
- Bachelor’s degree in English – University of Texas at San Antonio
Changing careers can be all about transforming and reinventing yourself. Would you like to create a new chapter in your life?
Contact me today for a free consultation, and find out more about what it would be like to have authentic work that fits who you are. I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best,
Career Change and Life Transition Coach